Opening: UX/UI Designer
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a passionate creative problem-solver to design thoughtful user-centered experiences delivered through clean, highly usable interfaces. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who cares about understanding complex user problems and balances mature creativity with data to find solutions.
You will report to the Product Design Manager, and work closely with the full Product Team to develop innovative products and features for enterprise and personal users of Monaeo’s services. This is an opportunity to play a big part of establishing and shaping a strong design practice at an innovative SAAS startup.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Development teams to plan, design, test, iterate, and build intuitive, user-centered experiences.
- Translate complex and abstract user needs into simple and elegant user interfaces.
- Work iteratively from low-to-high fidelity to create concept models, UX journey maps, UI sketches and flows, annotated wireframes, and other design artifacts as needed.
- As needed, prototype animations and microinteractions to improve the usability of our web and native applications.
- Participate in developing, testing and refining prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity throughout the product development process.
- Adhere to and further develop a cohesive design language and component library throughout Monaeo’s products and apps.
- Participate in evolving the design practice at Monaeo from the ground up.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in UXUI design for mobile and web.
- Solid portfolio showcasing professional design work as well as case studies that reflect strong problem-solving and interaction design skills.
- A focus on usability and the overall experience of digital applications that goes deeper than just designing beautiful pages.
- An eye for building a cohesive visual experience around an interface.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of web and mobile standards and best practices.
- A collaborative spirit with an understanding of an iterative product design process from idea to implementation. An ego-free approach to design in the pursuit of the right product solutions to meet user needs.
- Expertise with digital design and research tools like Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS/CC, and Axure.
- Familiarity with component-based or Atomic Design design philosophy a strong plus. High-level understanding of technology and software development a plus.
- Experience with UXR, designing, conducting, and reporting the findings of user research studies a plus.
- Experience with designing SAAS products a plus.
Monaeo is a location intelligence platform that enables companies and individuals to live and work better anywhere in the world.
50+ million employees travel extensively for work each year. This business travel can create enormous risks such as extra taxes, immigration & personal security issues. Monaeo is using location data to break-down borders and enabling business travel to happen seamlessly and with peace of mind.
Co-founders Anupam Singhal and Nishant Mittal started Monaeo after personally experiencing the pain of audits caused by business travel and are committed to helping travelers harness the power of their own location data.
The design & engineering problems we are trying to solve are challenging, and I am sure you would agree if you were to see it in action. This would be an opportunity for you to have significant independence, work on challenging problems, define the design process, and have immediate & tangible impact. We are a profitable business, have peers that inspire us every day, a collaborative environment, bias for each team member to have lots of independence, 40+ well known enterprise customers (like Snapchat), provide good benefits, and work out of a beautiful space with a terrace.