Opening: Product Experience Designer
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover note to email@example.com.
Monaeo is a location intelligence platform that enables companies and individuals to live and work better anywhere in the world.
50+ million employees travel extensively for work each year. This business travel can create enormous risks such as extra taxes, immigration & personal security issues. Monaeo is using location data to break-down borders and enabling business travel to happen seamlessly and with peace of mind.
Co-founders Anupam Singhal and Nishant Mittal started Monaeo after personally experiencing the pain of audits caused by business travel and are committed to helping travelers harness the power of their own location data.
The design & engineering problems we are trying to solve are challenging, and I am sure you would agree if you were to see it in action. This would be an opportunity for you to have significant independence, work on challenging problems, define the design process, and have immediate & tangible impact. We are a profitable business, have peers that inspire us every day, a collaborative environment, bias for each team member to have lots of independence, 40+ well known enterprise customers (like Snapchat), provide good benefits, and work out of a beautiful space with a terrace.
As a designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineering to design products that are simple but great for the user. You love crafting what others love using. Using your keen design sensibility you create experiences and conduct experiments with users to continuously improve the product based on real behavior. Your job is to make sure that our products are useful, intuitive and addictive.
- 5+ years hands-on experience creating rapid prototypes, user stories, research, concept sketches, storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, user experience, interface design, visual design, infographics
- Experience with complex products that have a lot of underlying data
- A strong portfolio or work samples showcasing UX prowess, creativity, critical thinking, and fluency in best practices for user-centered design
- Broad experience designing web and mobile applications coupled with an ability to synthesize complexity of all sorts and a strong intuition for simplicity
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, Framer, Omnigraffle is a must
- Articulate communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience working with startups and a demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Based in New York, or willing to relocate